Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Here is a letter to officials in Maryland (Download Maryland letter), from Prof. Robin Fretwell Wilson, Tom Berg, Marc Stern, Carl Esbeck, and me, urging the inclusion of meaningful religious-freedom protections, for individuals and institutions, in any legislation that changes the definition of marriage to include same-sex couples.
- Another Garnett on solidarity and suffering
- TCPA's content-based robocall ban survives in the Fourth Circuit because of severability; previously exempt debt-collecting robocallers apparently in new legal jeopardy.
- Berkowitz reviews Wilken on the Christian Foundations of Human Rights
- A Panel Discussion on the Life and Legacy of Rev. Theodore M. Hesburgh, C.S.C.
- "Catholic Thought and the Challenges of Our Time"